Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fake Baseball Bets #8: Back in Black

Back in black /I hit the sack / I've been too long I'm glad to be back / Yes, I'm let loose / From the noose / That's kept me hanging about / I've been looking at the sky / 'Cause it's gettin' me high / Forget the hearse 'cause I never die/ I got nine lives / Cat's eyes/Abusin' every one of them and running wild
- AC/DC

To quote our favorite ESPN personality Stu Scott, "BOOYA!" We are back in the black baby. Thanks to my main man Micah "Payings" Owings, the Reds won last night lifting us out of our hole at +80 capps. Actually, Owings didn't win the game, but we're on such a high right now who cares?

Today we're placing 100 on the Big Unit and the Giants as home underdogs against the Braves. This bet is going of at+130.

I've really enjoyed the Randy Johnson era. Hated him when he faced the Sox, but he and Mr. Snappy have put on quite a show for 22 seasons. My favorite moment was Johnson throwing over Larry Walker's head in the 1997 All-Star game, followed by a wry smile and wink. Walker then flipped his helmet around to bat right handed eventually striking out on 4 pitches. I couldn't find a video of this (what's the deal YouTubers?) so I've settled for another bizzare Johnson moment.

Reminds me of the recent Red Bull air race:



2 comments:

Geoff said...

So is your bet on the Giants?

RT said...

I'm an idiot. My bad, the Giants, not D'Backs. Nothing gets by you.