Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Confessions of a Dying Sports Fan

Here are a few confessions from a dying sports fan (No, I’m not really dying, thanks for worrying, but my love of sports is):

I haven’t watched an entire NBA game all season.

I haven’t watched an entire NCAA College Basketball game all season.

I haven’t checked my fantasy basketball teams in two months.

I have no intention, desire or interest in fantasy baseball this year.

I’m really excited about the confession above.

Really excited.

I can’t seem to bring myself to care about sports since the Red Sox won the World Series.

Sports were better before ESPN became the World Wide Leader, the internet, and adulthood.

I don’t play sports video games.

Golf is terrible and I could give two shits about Tiger Woods’ greatness and Phil Mickelson’s propensity to choke.

Sports talk rots the brain. I really don’t understand how people can argue about sports with the same intensity as someone arguing about peace in the Middle East.

Mel Kiper Jr. makes me gag.

I hate sports reporters and journalists who have become television celebrities. Journalists as celebrities have destroyed objective reporting.

ESPN’s lips get closer to athletes asses than jock straps. Not really a confession this just bothers me).

Pitchers and catchers, schmitchers and schmatchers.

Maybe March Madness can get me out of this funk.

1 comment:

Geoff said...

I hear you, man. But March Madness rules! Last year was awesome with St Patty's Day on a Friday and the first round games taking place...I gotta remember to eat dinner this year.