Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Oh Fair UMass

See, I wasn’t kidding when I mentioned (fourth item) my college’s reputation. A degree from UMass doesn't mean what it used, that was the message sent from high above Massachusetts government. Now, it looks to be the end of an era of raging alcohol abuse on the Amherst campus. And it couldn't have happened at a better time, with me a good six years removed from that little town in western Mass, with an student to asshole cop ratio of about 100/1 (Amherst cops are bigger dicks than your average state trooper. I'm a law abiding citizen but my opinion of them will never change.)


I, personally, think a UMass degree trains you for the real New York lifestyle i.e. drinking in excess and staying out late, but then getting up in the morning and making it to work. If you managed to scratch and claw your way out of UMass in fours years, find a job, and move on with your life, that my friend is an accomplishment that can never be measured by a piece of paper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where would we be if there were no fraternities at UMass? No blackouts of the night before or smoked-infused clothing hanging around the room. We might never have met! Rock on UMass!