Friday, October 06, 2006

Massive Attack - Roseland Ballroom, New York City, 10/5/06

I went to the Massive Attack show last night at Roseland and it fucking rocked, hard. I'm lucky I came out alive, what with the seizer inducing light show and heart-stopping bass. At one point , during the encore, with green and white lights flashing brighter than lightning and moving at a frenetic stomach-turning rate, as the hard guitars and bass screamed, I saw groups of people turning away from the stage, staggering out, but that beats throwing up all over a complete stranger or fainting in the middle of a crowed general admission audience. I was almost one of them, but I somehow made it out alive and in one piece.

They played all the songs I wanted to hear, Hymn Of The Big Wheel, Angel, Mezzanine, Rising Son, Butterfly Caught, Karmacoma, Safe From Harm, Unfinished Symphony, Inertia Creeps, I could go on. Horace Andy was in the house, he missed a few shows weeks back when his wife gave birth, his pipes still supporting his unequaled vocal style, even at age 55. That’s a fucking concert if you ask me. If not for the typical lame-ass, too-cool-for-school NYC crowd, the show would have been perfect. Here are some photos taken by my friend, Ion.

3D Shaddow Boxing












Grant "Daddy G" Marshall


















Horace Andy












Massive Attack














Photos courtesy of Ion, All Rights Reserved.

No comments: