Monday, October 16, 2006

Autumn, Writer's Block, Giraffes, and You

The crisp, fall air has filled me with so much joy I haven’t been able to muster any ill-tempered, blog filling pages for your (Geoff’s) reading enjoyment, and for that, I apologize.

When the air is cool and clean, the dog shit frosting the sidewalk along my path to the subway becomes a fun obstacle to skip, hop and dodge. Not a disgusting, rage inducing display of human laziness.

When the leaves start to turn and a sweatshirt becomes mandatory for walking outside, the people who stand unmoving in the subway doors cease to become the loathsome scum they clearly are on warmer days.

But fear not gentle readers, for the winds are blowing from the north, and with it an air so cold and bitter it turns your soul into ice, creating the perfect remedy for my autumnal writers block.

Here’s a video of a giraffe running:

No comments: