Monday, March 05, 2007

Let's All Go to the Movies

I finally saw David Lynch's INLAND EMPIRE. I don't know about you, but I totally got it. Being the lay folk that you are I'll explain it to you lest you have a blue tomorrow. Here are who each character represents:

The Rabbit People = Jesus, Mary, and Oprah Winfrey
Laura Dern first half of film= Elvis (skinny)
Laura Dern second half of film - Elvis (fat)
Justin Theroux = Carl Yastrzemski (this was a tough one to nail down, but he symbolizes Yaz)
Husband = V. I. Lenin
Phantom = Joseph Stalin
Jeremy Irons = Louis Carroll
Harry Dean Stanton = Ralph Macchio
Crimp = F. Lee Bailey
Julia Ormond = Julia Ormond
Grace Zabriskie = Donna Karen

With this simple guild you will be guaranteed to see the true story. You will dissect every layer and learn every secret. You will understand the film as I do.


INLAND EMPIRE

No comments: